Sunday, May 12, 2013

Healing Scriptures and Other Healing Words

A side note: Usually Lyme patients are too sick to go to church on a regular basis. Something I would strongly suggest would be to start watching Joel Osteen on Sunday mornings. He is a Christian preacher with an incredibly positive outlook and discusses healing quite often. His sermons can bring positivity into your negative situation--I met him at a book signing and all I could manage to stutter was "You have changed my life" until I broke down in tears. He is a good man and an excellent role model.


This post will be a constant work in progress. I will add helpful and healing verses and sayings as I come across them and when I have enough energy to do so. Please, feel free to comment at the end of this post if you have a good verse or saying and I will gladly post it. Going through Lyme treatment is a team effort, and I would love all the help I can get!

Healing Scriptures:

Blessed be The Lord God, the God of Israel, who only does wonderful things. 
Psalms 72:18.

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:18

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?"
Luke 12:25-26

And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2 Corinthians 12:9 NASB

He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:29-31

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are waisting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
2 Corinthians 4:16-17

"Be still and know that I am God..."
Psalm 46:10

So you shall serve the Lord your God...And I will take sickness away from the midst of you.
Exodus 23:25

And the Lord will take away from you all sickness...
Deuteronomy 7:15





Healing Words:



"All healing is first a healing of the heart." - Carl Townsend


"Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it." - Helen Keller

"Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it." - Tori Amos

"Eventually you will come to understand that love heals everything, and love is all there is." - Gary Zukav

"Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity." - Hippocrates

"Healing may not be so much about getting better, as about letting go of everything that isn't you - all of the expectations, all of the beliefs - and becoming who you are." - Rachel Naomi Remen






No comments:

Post a Comment